Have you found yourself needing a new Xbox One power supply adapter? Are you having problems where your Xbox won’t turn on?
If you’re one of many people looking to get an Xbox One power supply replacement then you’ve come to the right place.
If your Xbox One won’t turn on then you’ve come to the right place for answers.
Whatever the issue you’re having with your AC adapter for Xbox One, it’s quite simple to get a new one at an affordable price. And if you still want to try to fix your Xbox One before having to purchase a new adapter then our guide will help.
We’ve detailed two of the best-selling products for an Xbox One power supply on the market today. So, if you’re looking to replace the original one for whatever reason you should check out this list we’ve put together.
What you’ll find in this guide:
- A list for the best Xbox One power supply you should buy
- How resetting the power supply can help
- How checking the LED indicator can help
- A quick fix for the steady orange light error
- Fixing a blank TV Screen while your Xbox One is on
- Preventing power errors on your Xbox One
- Quick tips if your Xbox One S won’t turn on
Things can quickly go downhill when your console seems to be malfunctioning for no apparent reason. Worry not however, as there are few fixes and basic repairs you can attempt on your Xbox One to get it up and running and playing your games in no time.
For advanced cases though, you may need to check with a professional or send your console back to Microsoft for repairs or replacement.
Related: Top 12 best Xbox One accessories
- 1 What to do if you need a new Xbox One power supply
- 2 2 of the Best Xbox One power supply replacements
- 3 Steps to take if your Xbox One won’t turn on
- 4 How to prevent power errors on your Xbox One console
- 5 How to fix a blank TV Screen while your Xbox One is on
- 6 How to fix an Xbox One turning off unexpectedly
- 7 What to do if an Xbox One S won’t turn on
If you ever find out that the Xbox One power supply is the culprit there is no need to worry. It can be annoying to have this issue but luckily it’s not an expensive fix. Having a power supply problem with the Xbox One is more common than you think. All you need to do is get a replacement. Luckily we’ve put together a list for two of the best Xbox One AC adapters which you can find in the link right above this paragraph.
But if you’re short on time and don’t want to check out our list than our recommended choice for you is to go with the Xbox One Power Supply Brick. It’s a reliable replacement for your Xbox One AC adapter and it can be used globally (USA, UK, Germany, etc).
2 of the Best Xbox One power supply replacements
For one reason or another you may eventually need to replace your Xbox One power supply brick. And as we said before it’s as easy as finding the right one from this list. The differences between the two products we’ve listed below are not that big at all.
As a matter of fact, both products are quite versions that can easily get the job done. The only difference between the two is that Ortz is a known for gaming accessories. So, if you want to go with a well-known brand then the second recommendation on our list is something you should look at.
Note: One thing we want to bring to your attention is that when the Xbox One is turned off the fan from the power supplies from this list will keep running, in turn making some slight noise.
If you want to change this all you need to do is go to the Settings menu on your Xbox One. Then go to Power and then Startup then Power Mode and Startup. From there just change your Power Mode to Energy Saving and that should fix it.
Xbox One Power Supply Brick, [Advanced QUIET VERSION]
The Xbox One Power Supply Brick is exactly what you need if you’re looking to replace your current Xbox One supply adapter. If you own an original Xbox One console then this product comes highly recommended.
Some of the features of this power supply:
- Minimal noise
- Built-in cooling fan
- Global adapter with auto voltage (AC 100-240V)
- Durable power supply adapter
This popular Xbox One AC adapter will absolutely replace any broken or lost AC power adapter for any original Xbox One. The Xbox One Power Supply Brick comes with a built-in LED indicator light which will show you the power status of the console.
Also, one of the great things about this power supply is that it is a global adapter. This means the built-in auto voltage feature will allow the Xbox One adapter to be used in different parts of the world with no problems.
Another feature which makes this power supply so well received is the special IC switch. This helps to prevent overheating or short circuits which goes a long way to alleviate some of the issues Xbox One owners may have encountered previously.
Again, we strongly recommend this Xbox One power brick for anybody with power problems. If you’re looking for an Xbox One power supply replacement then this one is for you.
Ortz Xbox One Power Supply [ENHANCED QUIET VERSION]
Want another option for an Xbox One AC adapter that’s quiet and reliable? Then look no further than the Ortz Xbox One Power Supply. As one of the top selling durable power supplies on the market, the Ortz Xbox One power brick will conveniently replace any previous adapter you may have for your console.
If you’re an Xbox One owner who has had power supply problems in the past then we recommend you go with a solid replacement like the Ortz. It’s a long-lasting and very reliable Xbox One power supply that is specifically built for long gaming sessions.
The Ortz power supply boast special internal circuitry which is designed to give your Xbox One a steady charge. The adapter works right out of the box and it’s as simple as plugging it into your Xbox One and plugging it into the power outlet. Plus, Ortz promises you a long-lasting and reliable AC adapter or your money back guaranteed.
No matter if you’re looking for a replacement for the original Xbox One power adapter or you just want a backup adapter just in case, the Ortz Xbox One Power Supply is a solid buy. If you’re hesitant about our first recommendation in our list (Xbox One Power Supply Brick) then you should definitely go with our recommendation for the Ortz version as they have a long history of making quality gaming accessories.
Steps to take if your Xbox One won’t turn on
The Xbox One, while easily one of the best gaming platforms, is quite notorious for popping up with errors every now and again. A very common problem some owners have is one where the Xbox One won’t turn on for some reason or another.
The issue with the Xbox One not turning on stems from the power supply and, in rare cases, from the console itself. However, with the following simple troubleshooting steps, you can easily trace out and often fix the power problem with your Xbox One console.
1: Reset the power supply to the Xbox One console
To protect your console from electrical damage, the power brick for the Xbox One comes with built-in surge protection. This shield helps safeguard your console by cutting the power supply when a power surge is detected.
As a result, you have to reset the power supply to your console after such power surges. You can do this with the steps below:
- Unplug the power brick from the Xbox One as well as from the wall socket.
- Leave the power brick unplugged for up to 10 seconds (more is better) to allow the power supply reset.
- Connect the power cable back into the Xbox One and to the wall socket. You should ensure to fix the cable firmly at both ends, so the power supply is stable. Also, you should plug the power brick directly into a wall socket without the use of surge protectors and extension cords, as they can impair the performance of your Xbox One power supply.
- Turn on the console and check that it is working correctly.
2: Check the LED indicator on the power supply unit
The Xbox One power supply unit comes with a LED power indicator that shows the power status of the power supply to your Xbox One console. This indicator can let you know the source of the electrical problem with your console.
Before checking the LED indicator, it is important to ensure that you plug in all power cables firmly into the ports on the console and the wall power outlet.
- Steady white light: This means that the power supply is working correctly. The power brick is receiving power from the outlet, and your console is receiving power. If you get this response from the indicator, you should check out the “check video” fix below.
- Steady orange light: The power supply is okay and is set to energy-saving power mode.
- No LED indicator or flashing orange light: This indicates that the power supply is not working correctly and you should troubleshoot it. To fix this error, follow the step in fix #1 above. If this fix fails, then you need to replace your power supply.
3: Quick fix for steady orange light error
Another common error with the Xbox One power supply not working is where the indicator displays a constant orange light. In this case, the LED indicator starts off with white light when the power supply is connected but quickly switches to a constant orange light. Unfortunately, in this case, the power supply does not supply sufficient power to the console; hence, you cannot turn it on. Here pressing the power button on the console only causes the LED indicator on the console to flash briefly.
While it is unorthodox, you can use this fix to quickly solve this problem and get your Xbox One working again. This fix is particularly handy if you are in a rush to get back to gaming without having to see a technician.
- First, disconnect the cable that runs from the power brick to the Xbox One console. Unplug only the end of the cable that goes into the power adapter.
- Leave the plug that goes into the wall socket connected as well as the end of the other cable that goes into the back of the console.
- Next plug the end of the cable that goes into the power adapter only halfway in, until you hear a crackling sound. Wiggle the cable plug, going back and forth until the LED indicator changes to a steady white
- Switch on the console. Everything should work properly now.
4: Try another console and power supply
One of the best ways to troubleshoot complex machines is via the elimination method. When you eliminate other sources of problems, whatever is left is the cause of the issue.
You can begin troubleshooting by first trying another wall socket. Wall outlets malfunction from time to time. Therefore, you should test your console again using a different wall outlet. Furthermore, to ensure the new outlet is functioning properly, you should test it with another device before testing your Xbox One console.
Next, you should test your Xbox console with another power supply. If your console works with the new power supply, then there is a problem with your power supply. If you need an Xbox One power supply replacement just follow this link here.
How to prevent power errors on your Xbox One console
Here are a few simple preventive measures you should take to prevent the Xbox One power error from happening in the first place:
1: Turn off Instant-On power mode
The power-on issue can be triggered when you enable Instant-On power mode on your console. When in this mode, your console can automatically download and install updates. Unfortunately, this setting can occasionally interrupt the startup of your console.
To turn off the Instant-On power mode:
- Open the guide and select
- Select All Settings.
- Switch the power mode from Instant-On to Energy Saving.
- Restart your console.
2: Plug the power supply for your Xbox One directly to a wall socket
Some surge protectors or extension boxes may cause the power supply to malfunction, affecting its performance, and sometimes resulting in a power-on problem. An efficient way to combat this issue is to always plug the power supply directly into a wall outlet. The power supply comes with an inbuilt surge controller; hence, there is no need for extra protection.
3: Position your Xbox One console and power supply correctly
Both the Xbox One console and the power supply have internal fans to help prevent overheating. Ensure that you do not block these fans as this leads to overheating and eventual damage to your console or power supply. Furthermore, for optimal performance, you should place the Xbox One console and the power supply on a flat and stable surface.
How to fix a blank TV Screen while your Xbox One is on
Another dimension to this problem is an Xbox One console that receives power correctly but leaves a blank TV screen. If you encounter such error, you can fix it by following the troubleshooting steps below:
- Power down your Xbox One console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds.
- Next, turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button again. Your Xbox should send video now. If the blank screen persists, continue with the next step.
- Verify that both your Xbox One console are plugged in and turned on.
- Confirm that the HDMI cable is correctly connected to the “out to TV” port at the back of the console
- Check that the HDMI cable is connected securely to both the television and the console
- Verify that you have set your TV to display the correct input signal (HDMI.)
If the TV still returns a blank screen you should reset your display settings for the console by following the steps below:
- Eject any disc inside the Xbox One console before beginning.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for five seconds to turn the console off.
- Press and hold the Xbox button and the eject button until you hear two beeps (the first been immediately and a second one about ten seconds later.) Do not let go until you hear the second beep (the power light flashes on before this beep.) This process reboots your console in low-resolution
- To reset the resolution of your console, go to Guide, then select Settings, then select Display & Sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.
The above steps should fix 95% of all video output issues. If the problem persists, you should try other simple troubleshooting techniques, including plugging the cable into a different HDMI port on your TV, using a different HDMI cable, or connecting your Xbox One console to a different TV or monitor.
How to fix an Xbox One turning off unexpectedly
Another variation to the power-on problem on the Xbox One is one where your console goes off automatically during use. This issue might stem from a variety of causes including console overheating, problems with the power supply, or auto-shutdown settings.
Your Xbox One console can overheat if the internal fans experience any interruptions. To avoid this problem, you should place the console in a cool and well-ventilated place. Also, ensure that no objects are too close to the console, effectively blocking the internal fans.
If you receive a prompt stating that the console is overheating, you should turn off the console and wait for at least an hour before turning it back on.
2: Power supply issues
If you suspect the issue stems from your power supply, you should follow the guide in the top part of this article on troubleshooting the power supply.
3: Auto-shutdown settings
The Xbox One console contains a setting that allows you set the console to turn off at a preset time automatically. To reset this setting:
- Open the guide and select
- Select All Settings.
- Select Turn off or restart and turn off auto-shutdown
What to do if an Xbox One S won’t turn on
The Xbox One S is quite similar to the Xbox One; therefore, most of the troubleshooting methods above are effective for both devices. However, the Xbox One S is strikingly dissimilar in the power setup. If your Xbox One S won’t turn on then read on.
The Xbox One S console uses an internal power supply that comes with a built-in surge protector. Like the Xbox One power supply, you should not use the Xbox One S console with an external surge protector. If you connect the console to another surge protector, it reduces the power sent to the console. Hence, the console is unable to perform optimally.
If your Xbox One S won’t turn on, your console has most likely encountered a power surge, and you may need to do a power reset.
To reset the internal power supply of the Xbox One S, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power cable from the console.
- Wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Plug the power cable back into the back of the console.
- Finally, press the Xbox button on the front of the console to switch it back on.
The console should come back on if the power reset were all that was needed. If the problem persists try out the following troubleshooting methods:
- Check that the wall outlet you are using is working with other devices or change the wall outlet.
- Ensure that you connect the power cable firmly to both the wall outlet and your console.
- Make sure to use the correct cable for your console.
If power-on errors persist on your Xbox One or Xbox One S console, you should request service from Microsoft or an authorized support partner.
Some online stores give us a small commission if you buy something through one of our links. Read our affiliate policy for more info.
Latest posts by Anthony Ikani (see all)
- Best Xbox One Power Supply (Xbox One Won’t Turn On Common Fixes) - January 16, 2019
- How to Increase WiFi Signal Strength: Simple Ways to Improve your Connection - June 26, 2018
- How Xbox Game Pass Works: Everything You Need to Know - May 26, 2017