It’s been almost exactly three months since Blizzard made fans of the original StarCraft very happy by announcing a remastered version. We were given plenty of details concerning the revamped title, including 4K graphics support and completely enhanced audio. However, only one important piece of information was left unsaid: release date.
Today, Blizzard finally made known that StarCraft: Remastered is launching sooner than we expected. August 14th is the day PC gamers will be able to play one of the best RTS games of all time with extra features. Here are the ones Blizzard has provided:
- Full graphical upgrade of StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
- New matchmaking and leaderboard systems
- Player profiles that track individual statistics
- Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
- Higher fidelity music and sound
- Cross-play between Remastered and original version
- Ability to switch between StarCraft: Remastered and the original StarCraft while playing
Best of all, StarCraft: Remastered will come with the reasonable price of $14.99. We can all agree it’s nice to see at least one developer not trying to get more out of a revamped title.