Blizzard has revealed that a digital Game of the Year Edition of their acclaimed online FPS will release on May 23th. The date marks one year since Overwatch took the industry by storm to become one of the most successful titles of last year. A new seasonal event and free-weekend will also take place to celebrate the anniversary.
Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition will include 10 Loot Boxes along with a host of awesome extras. They include:
- Strike-Commander Morrison, Overgrown Bastion, Vintage Blackwatch Reyes,Security Chief Phara, and Slipstream Tracer skins.
- Tracer (Heroes of the Storm)
- Baby Winston pet (Heroes of the Storm)
- Mercy’s wings (Diablo III)
- Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, portraits (StarCraft II)
- Overwatch-themed card (Hearthstone)
Blizzard will also be hosting an Overwatch Anniversary event from May 23 to June 12 where special events will take place. To start off, a free-weekend will run between May 26-29. All newcomers to Overwatch will gain access to the full game and be able to transfer their progress should they buy a copy.
Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition arrives on Xbox One, PS4, and PC— and if we’re lucky, for Nintendo Switch someday.
Latest posts by Miguel Vidaure (see all)
- Free-to-Play MMO “Marvel Heroes Omega” is Now Available - June 30, 2017
- Release Date for StarCraft: Remastered Finally Revealed - June 30, 2017
- Namco Museum Arrives on Nintendo Switch July 28th - June 29, 2017